Wednesday 25 April 2012

Up the blues......



Last week my husband and sons thought it would be fun to take me to a football (soccer) match.






Tottenham Hotspur versus Chelsea.


Now I'm not a football fan but apparently "we was robbed!!"


Aesthetically, however it was quite pleasing as both teams play in blue.





And that got me thinking......






It's such a great colour combination......







Can be moody......








Always versatile......







A purple hue......







Can you be too blue?......





Aah...... the dream......




The reality......









This ones personal......


Its the blue garden chair where my friend Sally G spent many a peaceful hour before losing her long battle with cancer last week......







The end......




Have a great week......


Lizx


Images 1Twisted Green Seas,2 Crush cul de Sac, 3,6,8 The Little Corner, 4 Zsa Zsa Bellagio,5,7 via internet,9 l'extravagence, 10 Fifth Avenue Fashion, 11Sally, 12Patterson Maker

6 comments:

  1. just found you thru Loi's blog and this post was so endearing, I just fell in love [with your blog]. so nice to meet you - and i'm totally with you on the versatility and appeal of BLUE!

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B,
      Thank you for your kind comments.
      It's lovely to meet you too!
      Looking forward to catching up with your blog now.
      Lizx

      Delete
  2. Dear Liz - Thank you for this very beautiful post. I love it's simplicity and sincerity. With kind thoughts, Loi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through Loi's! Happy to join your league of followers. Especially happy to have read this post. Lovely and thoughtful, all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post - so sorry to hear of your loss...

    On a happier note - the navy pea coat and jeans is EXACTLY the sort of look that i wish I could carry off every day - and if your 'reality' picture is an example of how you look when you go about your normal business then who the hell needs Shalom in a column dress anyway! GORGEOUS images as always. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Liz, It's lovely to meet you. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I feel we have a little mutual appreciation society going - I love your blog! You have a great eye, all of your pictures are gorgeous. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, it's so sad when we lose the ones we love. Sending virtual hugs your way, B x

    ReplyDelete